In summary the process is:-
- A developer approaches a landowner or a landowner approaches a developer to ascertain if they are interested in promoting their land for development.
- The developer offers terms to enter a development agreement.
- The best terms are negotiated and then solicitors are instructed to progress the legal documentation.
- The development agreement is entered and the land is promoted. A planning application will be submitted to the Local Planning Authority.
- Once a planning permission is granted the land is sold to a developer for substantial sums of money.
The costs of promoting land and submitting a planning application for development are substantial hence the reason why many landowners partner with a developer. The developer promotes the land at their cost.
This process sounds simple but there are many pitfalls that a landowner can fall into without professional advice and guidance. Webb Developments is a specialist in strategic land and can guide you through the process in a logical way, ensuring that the development value of your land is maximised.
“We have worked with Robert Webb on a number of land promotion schemes and been very impressed with his ability to bring forward excellent site opportunities, seeing them through to a successful outcome whilst also managing the expectations of all parties fairly and professionally. Robert is able to successfully combine his land agency skills with those of planning, technical and site delivery to provide the full suite of knowledge for his clients.”
Peter Glazebrook of Hallam Land Management